Jayanthi Ballal Pick up Coal and Make it Gold
1. How do you perceive fashion and style?
Jayanthi Ballal – For my collections i don’t have to perceive as I create my own fashion and style. But yes for any other I go through social medias and networks.
2. What inspired you to become a Fashion Designer?
Jayanthi Ballal – More than inspiring it was desire to become so i made my desire come true.
3. How do you stay up-to-date with fashion?
Jayanthi Ballal – Being a designer in tier two city its tough to get updates. But as am more concentrated on traditional i create my own fashion. May be i can say little support of social networks also.
4. Who do you idealize in the fashion industry?
Jayanthi Ballal – There is no second thought about that it is obviously Sabyasachi as am more concentrated on traditional.
5. What is the biggest challenge you have faced as a designer?
Jayanthi Ballal – My life was more challenging so designing was a cake walk for me.
6. Kindly share with us what Collection are you working on for Mysore Fashion week?
Jayanthi Ballal – As me being a traditional designer i would love to bring in tradition and culture of my city. It wil be a traditional design with contemporary touch.
7. Any special liking for a particular fabric or do you just choose out of what is available?
Jayanthi Ballal – I believe in pick up coal and make it gold. So i pick up any fabric and make creative designs from it.
8. Where do you see your label in the next 5 years?
Jayanthi Ballal – I believe in appreciating designs than appreciating the label. So i want to make my designs more appreciative than my label.
9. Where would you like your career in fashion to lead you to?
Jayanthi Ballal – Am a mentor to my city, i would like to grow within my city and encourage youngsters of my city. But i will be more happy to explore myself.
10. Is customer’s criticism any help in coming up with creative designs?
Jayanthi Ballal – Creative designs comes by lot of trial and error. Customers criticism can be taken as a challenge for
11. Do you also aim for international exposure?
Jayanthi Ballal – Yes I do. I try put up my collections on social medias and I get response from various places abroad.
12. Do you have special personal affiliation with any design?
Jayanthi Ballal – I have been using heritage jewellery designs for my collections as Mysore being a heritage city.
13. Which collection of yours do you feel really proud of?
Jayanthi Ballal – Traditional with a contemporary touch to it. The old Kanjeevaram sarees which my client get i will give it a new look which give me happiness in my work than feeling proud.
14. Which latest trend is your personal favourite?
Jayanthi Ballal – I always believe in comfortable wearing so one should do creative in comforts zone.
15. Any do’s and Don’ts of fashion that you would like to suggest for people?
Jayanthi Ballal – Do’s I would like to say that nothing comes without hard work and creativity so one should put in their heart and soul towards any work to succeed..